Skip Navigation
City of Omaha - Nebraska

Omaha Police DepartmentOmaha, Nebraska

Text Size   - | +

Citizens are encouraged to report non-emergency criminal activity over the phone by contacting the Omaha Police Telephone Response Squad (TRS).

The TRS line is staffed seven days a week, 6 AM through 10:30 PM. Depending on the existing call load, you may be asked to leave your name, phone number, a brief description of the incident, the best time to reach you, and any alternative phone numbers you may have. A TRS operator should contact you within 24-48 hours. There are a few events that happen during the year where this time could be extended to 72 hours.

TRS Phone Number: (402) 444-4877 or Online TRS Request

You can also use our OPD Non-Emergency App available for Android and iOS to report non-emergency criminal activity.  

Get it on Google PlayDownload on the App Store

When should you call 911? 

• When the suspect is still in the area.
• You or another person has physical injuries.
• When there is evidence to collect. Evidence might include:

      • Items left behind by the suspect

      • Obvious fingerprint evidence (oftentimes there is no fingerprint evidence left at these scenes, as the suspect will wear gloves or does not have to touch items conducive to fingerprints to steal property.)

      • Blood or other biological evidence left (oftentimes when a suspect injures themselves on broken glass)

How to contact TRS?

 A citizen can contact TRS directly by calling (402)444-4877 or be transferred to TRS after calling 911.

 Examples of types of reports that should be reported using TRS?

  • Destruction of Property - Motor Vehicle
  • Destruction of Property - All Other
  • Theft of property not involving a burglary
  • Theft from motor vehicle

Examples of types of reports that CANNOT be reported using TRS:

  • Sexual Assault / Rape
  • Robbery
  • Burglary
  • Vehicle Accidents
  • Assault with Injury
  • Domestic Violence Destruction of Property
  • Domestic Violence Assault
  • Stolen Vehicles
  • Missing Persons

TRS General Information

  • TRS cannot email or mail you a copy of your report. You can request a copy of your police report using the following link: 
  • TRS cannot dispatch officers. Any call in progress will need to be handled by calling 911. 
  • TRS cannot provide case status information. Please contact Victim's Assistance at 402-444-4597 for questions concerning your case. 

Related Links:

Filing a Police Report
Report a Crime in Person
Crime Stoppers
Online TRS Request
Submit a Tip

Public Nuisance Enforcement (402) 444-5555

If you would like to make a complaint about dead storage or other nuisance issues not listed, please contact the Mayors Hotline, (402) 444-5555.

The various City of Omaha and Douglas County Departments offering services regarding the most common public nuisance items are listed below:

Abandoned/Junk Vehicles
(402) 444-5555

Air Quality/Odor Control
(402) 444-6015

Animal Control
(402) 444-7800

Broken/Obstructed Sidewalks
(402) 444-5266

Chuck Holes/Debris in street
(402) 444-4919

Garbage Collection
(402) 492-5238

Hedges/Tree Limbs Overgrown
(402) 444-5910

Keep Omaha Beautiful
(402) 444-7774

Rodents, Trash, Hazards in Yards
(402) 444-7481

Sewer Problems
(402) 444-5332

Snow Removal Complaints (24 hr line)
(402) 444-4919

Street Construction Complaints
(402) 444-5220

Vacant/Dangerous Buildings
(402) 444-5371

Weed Complaints
(402) 444-5910

News and Information